I'm serious, folks. I don't think I realized just how amazing he was in his younger years. I mean, you never hear him mentioned in the list of the truly attractive Hollywood stars of yesteryears: Paul Newman, Marlon Brando, James Dean, etc. But really, after seeing "Victor/Victoria" and being reminded of how much I loved "The Americanization of Emily" (also, strangely, starring Julie Andrews), I think I might have to add Garner to my personal list of Faces I Love to Look At.
Here, take a gander:

No one does square-jawed American insouciance like James Garner. Almost enough to make you forgive him for "The Notebook", isn't it?
1 comment:
LOL I don't think I'd even made the connection that they were the same people... but yeah, now that I realize they are, I'll forgive him for The Notebook.
Hmmm I need to go rewatch some Julie Andrews...
Post a Comment